For a better view on The Utility Regulation and Competition Office (OfReg), Update Your Browser.


Contact Us

3rd Floor, Monaco Towers II,
11 Dr. Roy's Drive, George Town
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Mailing Address:
PO Box 10189
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Water Licensing

Water Licensing

In processing licence applications and amendments, OfReg sets minimum service and performance standards to safeguard the longer-term interests of consumers and the management of assets.

Types of licences 

There is a legal requirement to obtain a water licence if you intend to provide:

  • Water supply services for potable and non-potable water
  • Sewerage service
  • Irrigation service (for irrigation for agriculture or pasture) or
  • Wastewater service

Activities that do not require a licence and fall outside of the scope of the law include:

  • Self-supply of water services
  • Sale of water by means of other water services works such as transporting water or sewage by cart, truck, or tanker and
  • Where a person is simply an intermediary through whom the service is provided by a third party (e.g., a shopping centre where water is delivered to individual tenants).
This site uses cookies: Find out more
Okay, Thanks