Vision and Mission Statements for the Cayman Islands Utility Regulation and Competition Office (OfReg)
To be a leader in regulatory excellence, demonstrating our commitment to the public, to the companies we regulate, and our colleagues by building an environment of mutual respect, professionalism and diversity, while promoting competition and innovation.
The Office utilises the trademark in the upper left corner of this website. Operating under the brand name 'OfReg', the Office seeks to be predictable, to encourage competition where appropriate and feasible; to champion sustainability and innovation across markets; and to contribute to the economic and sole goals of the Cayman Islands.
To ensure safe, reliable, economic public utilities to businesses and the people of the Cayman Islands. To achieve this, we will:
- Ensure that service providers operate in an environment which is fair, and provides an opportunity to realize reasonable returns on investments.
- Advocate on behalf of consumers.
- Adopt and enforce regulations that are in the public interest and ensure that service providers comply with established regulations.
- Create standards and policies that protect the safety of the public.
- Explore innovation that will encourage the efficient and cost-effective delivery of utility services.
- Consider the economic and environmental impacts of all matters before OfReg.
- Encourage the conservation of natural resources and environmental preservation.
- Ensure effective methods of communicating OfReg’s areas of regulation, decisions, and their impacts on the public.
- Develop and promote activities that encourage stakeholders trust and confidence.
- Serve the public interest through a commitment to professionalism, diversity, mutual respect, and ethical conduct.